COVID-19 has put international travel on hold for the past few years, but now that we are entering a post-pandemic world, travel restrictions are rapidly changing. Canada is now welcoming fully vaccinated US citizens to vacation with us once again! Of course, there are still many things to keep in mind to ensure safe and responsible US to Canada travel. We are here to share everything you need to know about Canadian travel restrictions and requirements.
Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa is in Southern Ontario, nestled in the scenic Haliburton Highlands. We provide a safe and tranquil escape for couples travelling to Canada. Our guest’s comfort and safety continue to be a top priority, and we want to welcome you to our resort this summer!
The Requirments for the US to Canada Travel
*Requirements updated as of May 2022*
Travel restrictions have constantly been changing in Canada throughout the pandemic, so we would like to update you on the current restrictions for the US to Canada travel.
- You must be fully vaccinated to be accepted for travel into Canada. This can be two doses of accepted vaccines or one dose of vaccines like Johnson & Johnson.
- You must receive your second dose at least 14 days before your travel date.
- Pre-entry tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals.
- You must have no symptoms or signs of COVID-19.
- Fill out your mandatory travel information on the app ArriveCAN. You will need to submit the following information at least 72 hours before your arrival:
- Contact information for you and your travel companions
- Travel details such as flight number or port of entry
- Vaccination information includes which vaccine you received and the date and location of vaccination.
Answer a few questions on the Government of Canada website to find out if there are any exceptions for your US to Canada travel.
At Sir Sam’s Inn Spa, we can deliver the same excellent guest service and experience while considering the new reality of COVID-19. We continue to follow health guidelines to ensure a safe and stress-free vacation with us.
- Our team continues to sanitize all public spaces and recreation facilities
- An N-95 mask is encouraged when entering buildings but not required.
- Hotel Team members wear PPE equipment
- All indoor facilities are at a limited capacity to prevent overcrowding.
Why Visit Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa?
Since Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa is in Southern Ontario, travel from the northern US is relatively inexpensive. But, still, there are endless opportunities to choose from, so why Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa? We offer a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life where you can spend your vacation exploring nature, feasting on delicious food, and relaxing at the spa. We have everything you need right at our inn, from nature trails to our Twin Fires restaurant. In addition, we partner with several local outfitters so you can easily experience the best of Haliburton during your getaway.
Discover our cozy accommodations overlooking Eagle Lake and choose us for your US to Canada travel this summer!