As a four-season vacation destination, it’s always a good time to visit the Haliburton Highlands! Summer is one of the most popular times to plan your visit, offering the perfect weather for outdoor adventures. Experience all the things to do in Ontario this summer, from fun at the lake to hiking through the Canadian Shield and golfing through lush landscapes. Choose Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa to host your summer getaway and access abundant outdoor adventures and amenities without leaving the resort!
Summer Fun at Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa
Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa is located on the shores of Eagle Lake, where you can easily access fun on the water all summer. Our guests can access various watercraft, including kayaks, sailboats, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards. Afterward, join us for campfires by the lake and watch the summer sunset together.
You can also enjoy access to on-site hiking trails, an outdoor pool, classic games in the Hughes Wing Conference room, a fitness room, an indoor WaterSpa, and on-site dining. The inn is located adjacent to Sir Sam’s Ski & Bike, where you can access 23km of exceptional biking trails!
6 Things to Do in Ontario this Summer
After enjoying things to do in Ontario this summer at the inn, head out into the Haliburton Highlands for even more summer fun:
- Abbey Gardens is the perfect place to spend a summer afternoon! Explore 5km of hiking trails, find locally made food at the Food Hub, stroll through pollinator gardens, meet Ojibwe horses, and grab a drink at Haliburton Highlands Brewing.
- Discover endless summer fun at Haliburton Forest! Explore 400 km of hiking trails, walk in the clouds on a guided canopy tour, and observe our resident wolf pack at the Wolf Centre.
- Experience guided summer activities with Yours Outdoors, ranging from beekeeping to rock-hounding and foraging trips!
- Visit the Haliburton Sculpture Forest and walk past 38 one-of-a-kind sculptures in Glebe Park. Join the Weekly Free Guided Tours every Tuesday in July and August at 10 am!
- Discover a wide range of activities with Adventure Haliburton Group. Whether you are looking for guided canoe trips, watersport adventures, or horseback riding, there is something for everyone!
- Enjoy our golf course’s rolling hills, towering pines, and lakeside views this summer. Play a round of golf at Haliburton Highlands Golf, Blairhampton Golf Club, or Gull River Golf Club.
Plan an Ontario Summer Vacation in Haliburton
Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa is the perfect place to enjoy all of your favorite things to do in Ontario in the summer! In addition to our on-site amenities, we offer summer packages to help you plan your all-inclusive vacation. Whether you want to hang out at the lake, enjoy revitalizing spa treatments, or indulge in delicious cuisine, our resort has something for everyone! Discover our cozy Haliburton accommodations and plan your summer getaway today!